Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year, No Regrets


Well, I started this blog with the intent to have a post once a week...that didn't go so well, looking back I can see that I struggled to make a post once a week. I look at the start of my poet shirt walk through and tend to kick myself for not taking more pictures when I make one of these shirts. The fact is, I've neglected my regular costume making about the same time as I started those posts. 

I could blame it on holiday madness, or the ending on the college semester, or being overwhelmed at the "bill paying job" but really those are only a small part of what I've put ahead of my sewing. 

As the year has slowly been coming to an end, I found myself doing more stuff for me, and only me. I had the stuff that I had to do, but in my free time I did the stuff that I wanted to do.  This is kind of a new thing for me. I fill my life with pressure from outside my control and with in, but for the past 3 months, I've been taking care of me. 

This did include completing my second workshop with Cin-City Burlesque. If you are in the area, I highly recommend these workshops, along with the fitness class that they do. This is a lovely bunch of ladies, all shapes and sizes, and full of positivity and love. The way these ladies empower themselves and encourage each other and all that they come into contact with is just inspirational. This is on my list to continue to participate in for 2014. 

So, I didn't make the deans list this year. So I skipped the summer term. So, I didn't make all of the costumes that I dreamed of, or finished the gifts I wanted to. So, I didn't get a promotion at work that was hinted to me. So my apartment looks like it is an overpriced storage unit. All of that doesn't really matter because I'm finishing the year the way I want to...with no regrets. I took care of me this year, and that's more important than anything else that I could have accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment