Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In the Begining

To say I have amassed quite a fabric collection would be the understatement of the century. Four years ago I went to IKEA and bought this book shelf unit (in brown-black) and realized that it was not big enough, so I added the desk and the larger book shelf and turned my little dining area into a sewing nook. That's a total of 41 cubbies, all filled with banker's boxes full of fabric. At the end of 2012, I had to add another 8 cubbie shelf and still ended up with 15 banker's boxes worth of fabric in my storage. This is not to mention the laundry basket and Billy Book Shelf that hold the bolts of fabric and 6 rolls.

For 2013 I'm dedicating myself to putting a dent in this fabric stash. I figure the best way to this is to journal as I dive in. So you get to come along with me on this journey.

This is the largest of the book shelves, along with my first attempt at an Elizabethan court dress.


And another look into the sewing nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment