Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Counting my blessings

This summer hasn't been all that I expected it to, but I do have a lot to be thankful for. I have some really amazing friends and mentors, people who I know support me and dream big for me when I can't seem to quite see it. Those people are worth more to me than I can even express.

I have made some progress with my costumes and corsets. My website is up (mladys-coutorier.com/wordpress) and I even have shopping available there. Then there are the models, photographers, and agencies around the world requesting some of my pieces for photo-shoots and publicity. How freaking cool is that!

And right now I have a cold, and I feel miserable, but it will pass. I may be lethargic for a couple of days, feel gross, not get a lot done, but it will pass. Over all, I am healthy. My ears may ring like wedding bells from time to time, but I can still do all of the things that I want/need to do. This is really hitting me today. I have friends and acquaintances who are not experiencing this. Simple things hurt or are difficult even impossible for them to accomplish, and yet they still get out there and try. So I'm greatful that my little cold will pass and I am only out for a fraction of a week. I'm not sure that I would have the same positive outlook or even be able to project a positive face, if the things I love became too difficult or painful for me to do anymore.

So here's to friends closer than family. To good health. And to biting life in the ass every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment