Friday, June 28, 2013

A Bit of Bustle

Last week a friend posted to facebook a photo of herself and her husband from a wedding "photo booth" set up. Upon seeing the photo it struck me that I had the very same fabric in my stash as the backdrop in the photo. That made me want to pull it out and play. But what to do with it? 

Then, as many days, I found myself in the fabric store and found the most beautiful crushed velvet on clearance. Instantly I knew what I was to do. 



The dress herself is a simple cut and a familiar pattern, and the apron included in the pattern. Of course this would not do alone, I had to top it. 


The bustle and train attach to the apron on the sides. 


It is very adjustable, so the bustles could be longer. 

Next up will be some undergarments and accessories to go with it. Hopefully I'll be able to arrange a photo shoot with models soon as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment