Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Adventure Continues

Well, I made it through the sewing expo with out buying a lot of fabric. In fact, I didn't buy any fabric. What I did buy was a Viking Sewing/Embroidery Machine. (insert rolly eye emoticon here)


This is it (stock photo), plus a quilting table attachment. All in all it was a great deal and I couldn't wait to try it out.

It sews like a dream, and quicker than my Project Runway machine that I have been using. And the long quilting attachment is wonderful for these heavy lengths of fabric that I tend to use. I wish I had this before I started the kilts! But when I go to use the embroidery I end up with this:


Not at all the brilliant work I was promised. 

I've been working with another seamstress who knows embroidery well more than I do and she's given me some tips, but this machine also comes with free lessons. That's on this morning's task list, call and inquire about the lessons.

In the mean time, as I mentioned, it sews like a dream and I've created these lovely tartan garters.


This is done in Black Watch and was created at the request of the bride buying kilts of the same tartan for her wedding. 


And the Royal Stewart I found as a ribbon, then found yardage of it, so if you need a kilt (men's, women's, or child's) or a flower girl dress to match I can do that as well.

You'll find these garters in my Etsy shop here. We'll be adding in Scottish National soon as well.

Hopefully, I'll master my new machine soon and we'll have lots more products to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment